As I hope you know Sitecore Commerce 8.2.1 is now live. It launched last week with a bang at NRF (National Retail Federation – the world’s largest retail trade show in New York). This marks a significant release of our new and exciting commerce based enhancements.
Below is summary of the release with some links to some great resources.
- Enhanced order management support:
- Order lifecycle management.
- Support for customer service representatives (CSR) and Customer-lead changes after order capture is complete (create, edit, hold, cancel orders based on policies)
- Issue a Return Materials Authorization (RMA)
- Represent product dependencies with cart sub line items.
- Digital goods fulfillment based on entitlements including the ability to track a customer’s ownership or license to certain product types.
- Plugin based extensibility
- Enhanced pricing support:
- Introduction of price books to simplify price management and integration scenarios.
- Dynamic pricing by currency or date e.g. future date price changes.
- Tiered pricing e.g. buy 1 at $98ea, buy 5 at $95ea, buy 10 at $90ea.
- Ability to associate multiple products and manage a single price association(price card).
- Workflow for price changes.
- Ability to extend pricing functionality with plugins.
- Enhanced promotion qualification and benefit support:
- Introduction of promotion books similar to price books.
- New promotion qualifications: Sitecore campaigns, channels, catalog items, shopper profile attributes like previous order history, state and more
- New promotion benefits: Order and order line adjustments, benefits based on order quantity, other products, free gift with purchase, adjustment of shipping and other fulfillment fee
- Workflow for promotion changes.
- Ability to extend promotion functionality with plugins.
- Unified Business User Experience
- Revised Merchandising Manager
- New Customer and Order Manager (Sitecore SPEAK Interface)
- New Pricing and Promotion Manager (Sitecore SPEAK Interface)
- Built Microsoft .Net Core
- Micro–service based architecture
- Implements compositional extensibility
- Press release: http://www.cmswire.com/digital-experience/sitecore-unlocks-content-commerce-disconnect-in-latest-release/
- A partners view of the release: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/what-look-sitecore-commerce-821-set-up-robust-platform-rohit-chopra
- Quick Install guide (dev machine): http://commercesdn.sitecore.net/SitecoreCommerce/DeploymentGuide/en-us/index.html
- Full install guide (production environment): http://commercesdn.sitecore.net/SitecoreCommerce/DevOpsGuide/en-us/index.html
- Release Notes: http://commercesdn.sitecore.net/SitecoreCommerce/ReleaseNotes/en-us/index.html
Reach out if you have any questions.